Thursday, July 19, 2012

30 days and 30 Muslim women blog posts

Ramadan Mubarak, Ramadan Kareem!!

Earlier this year for International Women's Day, I asked friends on Facebook who they thought were Muslim women of significance in history or even recent times. The response was so over whelming that I thought I could never cover all of this in a single article. Hence came along the idea of Ramadan challenge.

I will write a post every day of Ramadan about Muslim women from across the world - thereby challenging the media-constructed and socially accepted theories about Muslim women. Equally important this year for me is to reflect on being a woman, and the strength and beauty I can bring to this society and how I can prepare my future generations to understand the honor and respect of a woman's character and strengths. What better to achieve this than to reflect on resilient Muslim women.

Please do let me know via comments below about your favourite woman in history or someone whom you think should be part of this Ramadan series. May Allah accept our efforts the Ramdan 2012!

To subscribe to future posts: On the homepage, hover over the vertical black bar on the right of the page and click on either "Followers" or "Subscribe".

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments: